Basics of Licensing
Tue. June 4| 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM | Licensing University Theater (Booth B79)
Learn all the basics of licensing in this fact-filled, interactive seminar. The seminar will cover the basic licensing strategies for licensors and licensees. You will also learn about royalty rates, financial proposals, retail trends, key legal points and you’ll leave with the tools and know-how to make your first licensing deal. The format will include a 60-minute seminar then Q & A with a panel of experts.
Who should attend:
• Manufacturers: to learn how licensing can boost your sales
• Brand owners: To learn how to use licensing to generate new revenue
• Trademark Attorneys: To learn new ways trademarks are used to generate revenue
• Finance executives: To understand the various licensing business models and learn the industry standards for creating a licensing proposal.
What you’ll learn:
• Basics: Definition and common terms in the licensing industry
• Trends: Current trends in the licensing industry
• Licensors: who are the leading licensing companies (Disney, Universal, etc)
• Risks: How to understand and analyze the licensing risks
• Royalties: How to analyze and understand the financial opportunity
• Basic strategies utilized by licensees and licensors
Type: Licensing U
Track: Basics, Beginner, Licensee, Licensor, Retailer
Senior VP, Consumer Products
Ripple Junction Design Co.
Global Licensing Director